Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Thoughts on Fathers Day

This past Sunday I found myself at church telling several different dads "Happy Fathers Day". It was a nice feeling to look at them as they looked at their kids and smile. It was something that touched me in my deeply in many ways.

I myself don't have the great relationship with my father. This is something that truly saddens me at times and is something I wrestle with often. I love my dad very much and I do realize that I wouldn't be here in this world if it wasn't for him. No really I wouldn't, babies come from a mom and dad incase you weren't filled in on that little bit of knowledge when you were little. There are certain characteristics that I have gotten from my dad, for instance  he taught me that a man's character and word are the most important thing a man has. He taught me to be proud of where I came from and of our name (yes, pride in the last name is a mexican culture thing... I think). These are a few things I learned from him that have stuck with me all these years.

This past fathers day, I found myself getting frustrated because of somethings but I found myself drawing close to the idea that I might not have the greatest relationship with my dad but I have a heavenly father that I have a great relationship with and that is one relationship I can continually draw close to. There is no doubt in my mind that my dad loves me, or that he cares about me, I do love him and care for him very much and no matter how strained our relationship is. He will always be my dad and someone I thank God for.

I just wanted to wish my dad a happy fathers and hope that he knows that I am glad he is my father and that I pray for him continually. I love you dad! Happy fathers day to Ramiro F. Rubio and the rest of the dads out there. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment