Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Thoughts on awkward situations...

Have you ever found yourself in situation and you just weren't sure what to do? You know a moment where no matter what you do or how you act things are just going to be "awkward". I found myself in one of those the other night. (Long story short I ran into my old girlfriend and her new boyfriend three times in the span of a two minutes. It was interesting.)

What do you do in this situations? How does one handle them?  That I am not sure, I somewhat think that my life is full awkward moments that when I look back at all I can do is just laugh at and share with my friends. Here are few awkward moments from my life.

-I swore at my first parents meeting as the new Jr. High pastor at my church. (No worries it was an accident)
-The first wedding I did for my brother and sister in law. I called the bride by the wrong name during the ceremony. (Thank the Lord she didn't turn into bridezilla)
-I once compared a girl I was dating to Tupperware. (It sounded a lot better in my head before it came out)
-My pants started falling down while I was on stage during my 9th grade production of the Wizard of Oz (I was the Tin man)
There are more but I will save them for another time.

After all the awkward situations I have faced this far in my life I have found the best way to handle is this: Face them head, running from them is only going to make things more awkward and weird for everyone. Just laugh at them! I mean just laugh, find some friends to share this awkward moment with and laugh together. I know that after all these "awkward" events I have laughed about them later with friends those laughs make it all worth it (Plus they make for good stories and object lesson during a sermon for any age.. If you can't change things why not just embrace them and enjoy its going to be one crazy ride. (Special thanks to Sam Cook and Lindsey Blowers for sharing in my most recent awkward moment)

0 comments:

Post a Comment