Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Thoughts at the moment...

My mind is all over the place right now. Even as I sit at work I find my mind jumping from one thing to another and this makes it very hard to write about one specific something. So instead I am just going to list a few things that have been on my mind.

Ministry
I am a Jr. High Pastor at North Ridge Community Church and really enjoy the role that I fill at the church. I have some amazing Jr. High students and felt great joy watching them sit in church this past Sunday taking notes and listening to one our pastors teach. It was even cooler to get a prayer card from one of my 6th grade guys asking for prayer for his walk with God. It is truly a blessing to see these young followers of Christ in their walk with the Lord.

I am praying that God continues to grow me and mature me as I continue to do the work that I feel He has called me to do. To shepherd these students and walk alongside them as they began to discover not only who they are but who they are in Christ.

Relationships
These past couple weeks the college group I go to has been going through this series on relationships. It has been some really challenging stuff to think about. It goes along with some of the stuff I have been wrestling with in my own life of "What does a healthy relationship look like". Some of the stuff has been challenging to hear but all of it has been thought provoking and hitting close to home. I am still no where near figuring out relationship stuff that confuses me. But I am really enjoying the journey that God is taking me on to understand it better.

I am praying that in any relationship I might have in my life whether that be dating, friendship, family and even with my students. I desire them to all to look like the relationship I have with my Savior. After all it is the best model of what a healthy relationship looks like.

My Past
This is something that I am always wrestling with no matter where I am at in my life. My past failures, my past triumphs, my past hurts, my past joys etc... There is always plenty of things to think about when it comes to this but I will share more on this in another entry.

Just a few of my thoughts.

0 comments:

Post a Comment