Monday, November 21, 2011

Thought on Blogging

I have never had the gift of writing, I'll be honest. I am a terrible speller, and horrible at grammar. Thank the good Lord for peer reviews because if I didn't have people checking my papers in college I don't think I would have graduated. Time has passed since graduation and I find myself trying to start a healthy habit of blogging some of my thoughts and ideas. Maybe one or two people read this, but my hope is that I can reach some sort of audience through this.

My first encounter with a blogger was with my good friend Joel Mayward. We worked together in the Jr. High Ministry at Red Mountain Community Church and through that time I got to see a guy that passionately believed in sharing his thoughts and views with people on the inter-web. He would blog about his week with his wife, about the movies he would see, about the youth event we pulled off. He would blog about various things that he was passionate about and wanted to share with others. I'll be honest, when I first saw him do it I made fun of him for it. He took it in stride and even wrote a blog about me as his intern. (Not trying to brag but it got quite a lot of hits!) The seed was planted, it just took a while for it to grow.

Years later I have started this blog, and am trying to get in the habit of posting often enough to where I can say I am a true blogger. Does that mean I will have a million readers? Probably not, but it does mean I will have a healthy way of sharing my thoughts on things going on in my life with others. I'll try to keep them interesting.

0 comments:

Post a Comment