Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Friendship Chronicles: Josiah Harvey Edition

I have been blessed with a lot of great people in my life. Ranging from my very large Mexican family (I come from a family of 12 in case you didn't know) also from the amazing group of friends. God has truly blessed me with these people because they are the ones that see all of me and still love me no matter what. So I began to think it was time I brag about the people in my life and give the world a brief glimpse of how truly amazing they are.

Have you met Joey...?

Joey (Josiah Harvey) is a man of few words. He is a friend that has become a huge part of my life. He was the first person I met my first year of college (Southwestern College, now know as Arizona Christian University). Have you ever met someone for the first time and could just tell that you would get along with them really well, thats what happen with Joey and I. He is great friend who always listens before he speaks. He is a very relaxed guy but also has s very quick wit. He might not look like he is paying attention to what is going on around him but in reality Joey is taking in every detail and waits for the best moments to express himself. He is one of the few people I know that truly enjoys giving me a hard time. To everyone else he is quiet but to me he is the friend that just loves to pick on me.

Joey hails from the land of Farmington New Mexico. He has two brothers that look a lot like him and yet are completely different then him. Joey has a great grasp on reality and is often times a voice of reason to me. He enjoys all sorts of music ranging from the classical or the very loud Mega Death this is what contributes to his knowledge of knowing every lyric ever written down. He lead played basketball in high school and is still very talented in the sport. In his spare time he enjoys watching great tv shows such as Chuck or The Big Bang Theory and is a fellow movie lover (one of the many reason we get along).

One of my favorite memories of Joey would be the year we roomed together in college and getting up at almost three in the morning to go get some Federicos burritos. Also the conversations we shared have been some of the most thought provoking conversation I have ever had. He is a great friend and truly a blessing. God has blessed me and I am very sure many other people with having Joey in their life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment