Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Thoughts on "Car Accidents"

Today has been a rough day to say the least. You ever wake up and get some kind of sign that this day is going to be rough. I was greeted with such omen this morning when I woke to my mom's text asking me to pray for her today. Now normally some might find this sweet; one mother asking their son to pray for her. But to me it just kind of started my day off weird. Now before you get all crazy and start thinking "Gus do you not love your mom?" or "Gus what do you have against praying?" Let me set the record straight and say I love my mom very much and and am always praying for her. But when my mom does something she normally doesn't do that is a red flag to me.

So today I went in to church and had to film some video announcements with another pastor Randy Williams or as I call him "Chief". So Chief and I go and film after we are done I head back to church to work on a few things. Well as  am driving back  the accident happens. ( I will spare you all the details, but know everyone is safe and there were no injuries. Well except to "Ellie" thats my car's name. Long story short I exchange info with the lady who's care I hit and the cop issues me a citation because I was at fault.

This didn't upset me though, what really bothered me was the feeling that followed after the accident happen. I just stood there, as the accident played in my head over and over again. I even began to think "man if I had stayed longer at the place "Chief" and I filmed", or "what if I we had ridden in one car that way I didn't drive." With all these thought  I found myself hanging my head down and just asking "Why, why did this have to happen?"

When I got home, just sat on the couch and began to think a lot. I began to worry about how I am going to pay for all this, or how am I going to get to work now? I felt so overwhelmed with all these thoughts and even more stressed out. I just found myself completely exhausted after beating myself up with my own thoughts.

Later on I went out to get something to eat for my mom and I (she let me drive her car, but not after telling me five times before I left the house to BE CAREFUL!!). I came back with dinner and we sat down and we prayed for our food, it was then that it all hit me and I just thank God. I thank God for keeping me safe, for keeping the people in the other car safe. For letting me even make it home with my mangled car. I thanked Him for being in my life and ultimately asked for help in all this because I know I can't do it alone. I finally found myself at peace after everything that happen.

The feeling that follows any tough time such as a car accident can be draining and sticks with you well after the actual event. Tonight though I am just thankful that no matter what hard thing comes into my life. God has and will guide me through them all. For that I feel completely at peace about.

Oh, and one final thing if your mom ever texts you randomly, be on the look out. Because that women knew when trouble was around you when you were little and they still sense that stuff even when you are older.

Just a thought.

0 comments:

Post a Comment